LEVA Level 2: Digital Multimedia Evidence Processing: Kansas City, MO
June 6, 2022 @ 8:00 am - June 10, 2022 @ 5:00 pm
June 6 – 10, 2022
Upon successful completion of Level 2, students will receive a complimentary LEVA membership valid until the end of the calendar year. Refer to the LEVA By-Law sections III and XVI for information regarding membership.
The LEVA Level 2 course builds on the concepts of the LEVA Level 1 course. The public expectation today is that if a crime occurs, there will be video/audio of the incident. There is a significant, specific skill set that investigators need to PROPERLY handle and process the digital multimedia evidence that gets collected. If the DME is not handled and processed carefully, according to best practices, the video/audio might not be interpreted accurately. This course exposes students to more advanced theory and hands-on techniques that conform to the Best Practices for the Acquisition and Processing of Digital Multimedia Evidence (DME).
Location: Kansas City Regional Police Academy, 6885 N.E. Pleasant Valley Rd., Kansas City, MO 64119
Instructors: Scott Kuntz, Detective Ed Baker (Ret), Jonathan Hak, QC.
LAB SYSTEMS: LEVA provides laptops with all needed software. Many have successfully completed the class who use a system or software other than the ones on LEVA Mobile Lab laptops. LEVA instruction team members guide students through necessary keystrokes during the class.
TUITION: Employees of law enforcement / public safety / government / educational – $1000. Corporate/Private Sector – $2000.
MEMBERS: Log-in to automatically receive the proper tuition rate. Others select the SEND INVOICE payment option and the appropriate rate will be invoiced. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who Can Apply?
Applicants must have successfully completed LEVA’s “Level 1: Forensic Video Analysis & the Law” course.
- Employees of any international, federal, state/provincial, or local public safety agency including the Dept. of Defense and Dept. of Homeland Security, may apply. Also, students currently enrolled in a bonafide college or university criminal justice program. An applicant for educational pricing should be either a person who is a full-time instructor at a nationally accredited educational facility or is a full-time student. Neither can be employed in the imaging industry. *Tuition rate is below.
- A select number of seats are available to the private sector (for-profit businesses) who successfully completed LEVA’s Level 1 course noted above. LEVA recognizes that private forprofit businesses occasionally assist law enforcement in the creation or processing of video evidence; therefore. Private sector applicants must obtain a current national criminal background check and attach the results to the course application. Private sector applicants must be able to demonstrate that a significant percentage of their current work responsibility involves processing video images on behalf of law enforcement, government or prosecutorial agencies. With the exception of those applicants who supply video analysis services or CCTV equipment, other private sector applicants whose responsibilities include the development, sales or marketing of products or services to law enforcement will not be considered.
Credits and Certificate:
Successful completion of this basic level course satisfies a requirement toward LEVA’s Forensic Video Analyst and Technician certifications.
Students not seeking Certification may receive a Certificate of Attendance without taking the final course written examination.
Click HERE to review the full policy on retaking exams and fees.
Travel & Accommodation:
Students are responsible for securing their own lodging and all ground transportation to / from the airport and between the hotel and class each day.
- Hampton Inn, 8551 Church Rd., Kansas City, MO 64158 – www.kansascityliberty.hamptoninn.com
- Fairfield Inn, 8101 N Church Rd, Kansas City, MO 64158 –http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mcilb-fairfield-inn-and-suites-kansas-cityliberty/?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2
- Comfort Suites, 8200 N. Church Rd., Kansas City, MO, 64158 – https://www.choicehotels.com/missouri/kansas-city/comfort-suites-hotels/mo009
- Holiday Inn, 8230 N. Church Rd., Kansas City, MO, 64158 – https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/kansascity/mkclb/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=GoogleMaps-_-EX-_-USA-_-MKCLB
Nearest major airport: Kansas City (MCI): 20 minutes from hotels and training site.
Distance between the recommended hotels and training site: 10 minutes
Parking is free at the hotels and training academy.
The course will end by 3:30 P.M. on that Friday. Students should avoid scheduling a flight out Friday evening before 6:30 P.M.
Breakfast is included in the hotel rate. Other meals are the responsibility of the student.
LEVA subsidizes training for Government agencies and non-profit organizations that offer forensic video services to law enforcement. Private sector, for-profit companies must pay the unsubsidized fee.
- $1,000 for full-time employees of law enforcement / public safety / government / educational
- $2,000 for Corporate / Private Sector employees
Unless otherwise arranged with LEVA, students accepted to attend must pay the course fee by May 27, 2022. You can pay on-line when registering. Other payment options are check, wire transfer and credit card (Visa, Mastercard and American Express only).
With the exception of war, government regulation, disaster, strikes or exigent circumstances, a refund will be approved minus a $25 service charge. As an alternative, a student who must cancel may apply the full amount as a credit to a future LEVA class. Credit from a class cannot be applied for the annual symposium registration.
Fill in the online application by May 6, 2022.
You will be notified via e-mail that your application was received and its status of acceptance.
Click HERE to register.
Graduates of the course receive a LEVA certificate indicating successful completion of the 40-hour curriculum. That certificate should NOT be interpreted as a certification of any type. Registering for any LEVA class indicates they fully understand they are not receiving a certification from any one LEVA course and must refer to this training as LEVA’s on their resume, CV or any discoverable document. This class is not conducted to officially endorse any product or service.
For additional information regarding this course, contact Mr. Jan Garvin, LEVA Executive Director, at (540) 842-1742 or email: email@example.com