LEVA Level 4: Advanced Forensic Video Analysis & The Law
This course is primarily hands-on in which students process video evidence, write a report and present it in a moot court. Perfecting the CV is also featured. Class size is limited to 16 students. This 40-hour advanced level of instruction focuses on case law and relevant issues as well as advanced forensic video analysis techniques. There is considerable discussion of the legal issues surrounding the seizure and examination of digital CCTV images. Grading will be based on practicals throughout the week, a written exam and the moot court.
Public Safety Price is just $1000!
The LEVA Mobile Lab is outfitted with the Avid systems with Media Composer, Ocean Systems, Amped FIVE and Photoshop software. If you use a different analysis system in your agency, you may bring or have provided a system in order to demonstrate proficiency in the many practical components of the course.
Who Can Apply
Only graduates of all these LEVA courses may apply: Level 1, 2 and 3 (Photographic/Video Comparison).
A select number of seats are available to the private sector (for-profit businesses) who have met the above requirement. With the exception of those applicants who supply video analysis services or CCTV equipment, other private sector applicants whose responsibilities include the development, sales or marketing of products or services to law enforcement will not be considered.
It is strongly recommended to bring a laptop to prepare documents required during the class.
LEVA will issue a certificate to each student who passes the course.
Students not seeking Certification may receive a Certificate of Attendance without taking the final course exams (written, practical and moot court).
- At anytime during the course, a student may elect not to take the exams or may choose not to accept the results of their exams. Students who elect either choice must register and complete the Level 4 course again in order to retake the exams.
- Only those students who achieve a passing grade in the course, including the final exams, will receive a Certificate of Completion. All others will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
- Students must achieve a Certificate of Completion in lower level courses in order to be eligible to write a higher-level exam.
LEVA subsidizes training for Government agencies and non-profit organizations that offer forensic video services to law enforcement. Private sector, for-profit companies must pay the unsubsidized fee.
- $1000 (government, law enforcement, public safety, educational)
- $2000 (corporate / private sector)
Unless otherwise arranged with LEVA, students accepted to attend must pay the course fee by November 17, 2017. Payment options are on-line, check, wire transfer, credit card (Visa, Mastercard and American Express only).
With the exception of war, government regulation, disaster, or strikes, no refunds once tuition received. In the event a student must cancel, a credit will be given to apply the amount to a future LEVA class. Credit from class cannot be applied for the annual conference registration.
Fill in the on-line registration below by November 17, 2017.
You will be notified via e-mail that your application was received and its status of acceptance.
Travel & Accommodation
Students are responsible for securing their own lodging and all ground transportation to / from the airport and between the hotel and class each day.
Recommended hotels (*indicates breakfast included):
- *Embassy Suites, 1515 Dallas St, Houston, TX 77010 (7-minute walk to training site)
- *Residence Inn, 904 Dallas St, Houston, TX 77002 (4-minute walk to training site)
- *Springhill Suites, 914 Dallas St, Houston, TX 77002 (4-minute walk to training site)
- Courtyard, 916 Dallas St, Houston, TX 77002 (4-minute walk to training site)
- Holiday Inn, 1616 Main St, Houston, TX 77002 (5-minute walk to training site)
Nearest major airports: George Bush International (IAH): 25 minutes from hotels, and William P. Hobby (HOU): 20 minutes from hotels
The course will end by 5:00 P.M. on that Friday. Students should not schedule a flight out Friday evening before 7:00 P.M.
Some hotels include breakfast. Otherwise, all meals are the responsibility of students.
Graduates of the course receive a LEVA certificate indicating successful completion of the 40-hour curriculum. That certificate should NOT be interpreted as a certification of any type. Registering for any LEVA class indicates they fully understand they are not receiving any certification from any one LEVA course and must refer to this training as LEVA's on their resume, CV or any discoverable document. This class is not conducted to officially endorse any product or service.
|Event Date||12-04-2017 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||12-08-2017 3:30 pm|
|Cut off date||11-17-2017|
|Location||Houston Forensic Science Center|