LEVA Level 2: Digital Multimedia Evidence Processing (SOLD OUT)
The LEVA Level 2 course builds on the concepts of the LEVA Level 1 course. The public expectation today is that if a crime occurs, there will be video/audio of the incident. There is a significant, specific skill set that investigators need to PROPERLY handle and process the digital multimedia evidence that gets collected. If the DME is not handled and processed carefully, according to best practices, the video/audio might not be interpreted accurately. This course exposes students to more advanced theory and hands-on techniques that conform to the Best Practices for the Acquisition and Processing of Digital Multimedia Evidence (DME).
Class begins each day at 8 AM. On Friday, class will be dismissed by 3:30 PM.
LOCATION: Sedgley Park Centre, Sedgley Park Road Prestwich, Manchester, England (UK)
Public Safety Price is just £1000!
Who Can Apply?
Applicants must have successfully completed LEVA’s “Level 1: Forensic Video Analysis & the Law” course.
- Employees of all police forces and other government agencies involved in the acquisition and/or processing of video evidence.
- A select number of seats are available to the private sector.
With the exception of those applicants who supply video analysis services or CCTV equipment, other private sector applicants whose responsibilities include the development, sales or marketing of products or services to law enforcement will not be considered.
LEVA membership is NOT required to attend Level 2.
Credits and Certificate:
Successful completion of this basic level course satisfies a requirement toward LEVA’s Forensic Video Analyst and Technician certifications.
Students not seeking Certification may receive a Certificate of Attendance without taking the final course written examination.
- At any time during the course, a student may elect not to take the final exam or may choose not to accept the results of the final exam. Students who elect either choice are eligible to retake the exam.
- Only those students, who achieve a passing grade in the course, including the final exam, will receive a Certificate of Completion. All others will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
- Students must achieve a Certificate of Completion in lower level courses in order to be eligible to write a higher-level exam.
- Students, who ‘opt-out’ of the course exam for any reason, may elect to write the exam at any regularly scheduled LEVA exam time offered at the University of Indianapolis during any of the core courses or the LEVA Annual Training Conference.
- The rescheduled exam must be taken within twelve months of the course taken.
- Students may retake an exam only once. If a passing score is not achieved, the student must retake the course.
Students are responsible for securing their own lodging (if necessary) and all ground transportation.
The course will end by 3:30 P.M. on that Friday.
All meals are the responsibility of the student.
LEVA subsidizes training for Government agencies and non-profit organizations that offer forensic video services to law enforcement. Private sector, for-profit companies must pay the unsubsidized fee.
- £1000 for government, law enforcement, public safety
- £1500 for Corporate / Private Sector
Unless otherwise arranged with LEVA, students accepted to attend must pay the course fee by May 5, 2017. You can pay on-line when registering. Other payment options are check, wire transfer and credit card (Visa, Mastercard and American Express only).
With the exception of war, government regulation, disaster, strikes or exigent circumstances, a refund will be approved minus a $25 service charge. As an alternative, a student who must cancel may apply the full amount as a credit to a future LEVA class. Credit from a class cannot be applied for the annual conference registration.
Fill in the online application by April 28, 2017
You will be notified via e-mail that your application was received and its status of acceptance.
Graduates of the course receive a LEVA certificate indicating successful completion of the 40- hour curriculum. That certificate should NOT be interpreted as a certification of any type. The disclaimer and student’s signature on the course application further indicate they fully understand they are not receiving any certification from this course and must refer to this training as LEVA's on their resume, CV or any discoverable document. This class is not conducted to officially endorse any product or service.
|Event Date||05-15-2017 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||05-19-2017 6:00 pm|
|Cut off date||04-28-2017|
|Location||Sedgley Park Centre, Manchester, England, UK|