LEVA Level 3: The Principles of Forensic Video/Image Compare and Contrast: Kansas City, MO
August 15, 2022 @ 8:00 am - August 19, 2022 @ 3:30 pm
August 15 – 19, 2022
This class focuses on the science of comparing known objects with CCTV images of questioned objects. The process of cataloguing class characteristics and unique characteristics found in questioned evidence is examined in detail. Using a variety of programs in a forensic lab environment, analysts/examiners develop a scientific workflow involving the hands-on analysis of video evidence, criminal-case report writing and courtroom presentation.
Course Location: Kansas City Regional Police Academy, 6885 N.E. Pleasant Valley Rd., Kansas City, MO 64119
LAB SYSTEMS: LEVA provides laptops with all needed software. Many have successfully completed the class who use a system or software other than the ones on LEVA Mobile Lab laptops. LEVA instruction team members guide students through necessary keystrokes during the class.
WHO CAN APPLY:
- Graduates of the LEVA Level 2 course
TUITION: Government, law enforcement, public safety, educational – $1000. Corporate/Private Sector – $2000.
MEMBERS: Log-in to automatically receive the proper tuition rate. Others select the SEND INVOICE payment option and the appropriate rate will be invoiced. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Understand and articulate consistencies and inconsistencies between similar objects.
- Identify class characteristics and unique characteristics in known or questioned objects.
- Develop effective Standard Operating Procedures, including note taking.
- Prepare video evidence for court.
- Understand the boundaries for the forensic video expert in court.
- Develop competency with the production of comparison charts.
- Develop advanced strategies for the examination of video evidence.
- Produce effective courtroom presentations
Tracy Peloquin, LEVA Certified Forensic Video Analyst and Jonathan Hak, Q.C.
Who Can Apply
Graduates of the LEVA Level 1 and Level 2 courses.
- Employees of any international, federal, state/provincial, or local public safety agency including the Dept. of Defense, Dept. of Homeland Security and educational institutions, may apply.
An applicant for educational pricing should be either a person who is a full-time instructor at a nationally accredited educational facility or is a full-time student. Neither can be employed in the imaging industry. *Tuition rate is below.
- A select number of seats are available to the private sector (for-profit businesses). Private sector applicants must obtain a current national criminal background check and attach the results to the course application.
With the exception of those applicants who supply video analysis services or CCTV equipment, other private sector applicants whose responsibilities include the development, sales or marketing of products or services to law enforcement will not be considered.
Due to the overwhelming response to this course, applications will be reviewed to determine eligibility. Applying does not automatically mean the application is accepted.
Credits and Certificate
This course provides 40 credit hours toward LEVA Certification. LEVA will also issue a certificate to each student who passes the course.
Successful completion of this basic level course satisfies a requirement toward LEVA’s Forensic Video Analyst certification.
Click HERE to review the full policy on retaking exams and fees.
Travel & Accommodation
Students are responsible for securing their own lodging and all ground transportation to / from the airport and between the hotel and class each day.
- Hampton Inn, 8551 Church Rd., Kansas City, MO 64158 – www.kansascityliberty.hamptoninn.com
- Fairfield Inn, 8101 N Church Rd, Kansas City, MO 64158 –http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mcilb-fairfield-inn-and-suites-kansas-cityliberty/?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2
- Comfort Suites, 8200 N. Church Rd., Kansas City, MO, 64158 – https://www.choicehotels.com/missouri/kansas-city/comfort-suites-hotels/mo009
- Holiday Inn, 8230 N. Church Rd., Kansas City, MO, 64158 – https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/kansascity/mkclb/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=GoogleMaps-_-EX-_-USA-_-MKCLB
Nearest major airport: Kansas City (MCI): 20 minutes from hotels and training site.
Distance between the recommended hotels and training site: 10 minutes
Parking is free at the hotels and training academy.
The course will end by 3:30 P.M. on that Friday. Students should avoid scheduling a flight out Friday evening before 6:30 P.M.
All meals are the responsibility of the student.
LEVA subsidizes training for Government agencies and non-profit organizations that offer forensic video services to law enforcement. Private sector, for-profit companies must pay the unsubsidized fee.
$1000 (government, law enforcement, public safety, educational)
$2000 (corporate / private sector)
Unless otherwise arranged with LEVA, students accepted to attend must pay the course fee by August 5, 2022. Do not send the course fee with the application. Only when an applicant is offered a seat and confirms the invitation should payment be processed. Payment options are check, credit card (Visa,Mastercard and American Express only).
With the exception of war, government regulation, disaster, or strikes, no refunds once tuition received. In the event a student must cancel, a credit will be given to apply the amount to a future LEVA class. Credit from class cannot be applied for the annual symposium registration.
Fill in the on-line registration by July 29, 2022.
You will be notified via e-mail that your application was received and its status of acceptance.
Click HERE to register.
Graduates of the course receive a LEVA certificate indicating successful completion of the 40-hour curriculum. That certificate should NOT be interpreted as a certification of any type. Registering for any LEVA class indicates they fully understand they are not receiving any certification from any one LEVA course and must refer to this training as LEVA’s on their resume, CV or any discoverable document. This class is not conducted to officially endorse any product or service.
For additional information regarding this course, contact Mr. Jan Garvin, LEVA Executive Director, at (540) 842-1742 or email: email@example.com