LEVA Level 3: The Principles of Forensic Video/Image Compare and Contrast: Austin, TX
July 13 @ 8:00 am - July 17 @ 3:30 pm
The Principles of Forensic Video/Image and Contrast focuses on the science of comparing known items with CCTV images of questioned items. The process of analysis and examination of the characteristics found in questioned evidence is studied in detail. Using the latest imaging technologies, students are exposed to an advanced scientific workflow for the hands-on analysis of video evidence, comparative chart production, criminal-case report writing and courtroom presentation.
Course Location: Texas Department of Public Safety, 5800 Guadalupe St., Building U, Austin, Texas 78752.
WHO CAN APPLY: Graduates of the LEVA Level 1 and Level 2 courses.
Public Safety Price is just $1000! Corporate/Private Sector $2000
MEMBERS: Log-in to automatically receive the proper tuition rate. Others select the SEND INVOICE payment option and the appropriate rate will be invoiced. Questions? Email email@example.com.
- Understand and articulate consistencies and inconsistencies between similar objects.
- Identify class characteristics and unique characteristics in known or questioned objects.
- Develop effective Standard Operating Procedures, including note taking.
- Prepare video evidence for court.
- Understand the boundaries for the forensic video expert in court.
- Develop competency with the production of comparison charts.
- Develop advanced strategies for the examination of video evidence.
- Produce effective courtroom presentations
Tracy Peloquin, LEVA Certified Forensic Video Analyst
Who Can Apply
Graduates of the LEVA Level 1 and Level 2 courses.
- Employees of any international, federal, state/provincial, or local public safety agency including the Dept. of Defense, Dept. of Homeland Security and educational institutions, may apply.
An applicant for educational pricing should be either a person who is a full-time instructor at a nationally accredited educational facility or is a full-time student. Neither can be employed in the imaging industry. *Tuition rate is below.
- A select number of seats are available to the private sector (for-profit businesses). Private sector applicants must obtain a current national criminal background check and attach the results to the course application.
With the exception of those applicants who supply video analysis services or CCTV equipment, other private sector applicants whose responsibilities include the development, sales or marketing of products or services to law enforcement will not be considered.
Due to the overwhelming response to this course, applications will be reviewed to determine eligibility. Applying does not automatically mean the application is accepted.
Credits and Certificate
This course provides 40 credit hours toward LEVA Certification. LEVA will also issue a certificate to each student who passes the course.
Successful completion of this basic level course satisfies a requirement toward LEVA’s Forensic Video Analyst certification.
Students not seeking Certification may receive a Certificate of Attendance without taking the final course written examination.
- At any time during the course, a student may elect not to take the final exam or may choose not to accept the results of the final exam. Students who elect either choice are eligible to retake the exam.
- Only those students, who achieve a passing grade in the course, including the final exam, will receive a Certificate of Completion. All others will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
- Students must achieve a Certificate of Completion in lower level courses in order to be eligible to write a higher-level exam.
- Students, who ‘opt-out’ of the course exam for any reason, may elect to write the exam at any regularly scheduled LEVA core course exam time or the LEVA Annual Training Conference.
- The rescheduled exam must be taken within twelve months of the course taken.
- Students may retake an exam only once. If a passing score is not achieved, the student must retake the course.
Travel & Accommodation
Students are responsible for securing their own lodging and all ground transportation to / from the airport and between the hotel and class each day.
12+ hotels are within five minute drive of training site.
Austin Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) 20 minutes from hotels
The course will end by 3:30 P.M. on that Friday. Students should avoid scheduling a flight out Friday evening before 5:30 P.M.
Some hotels include breakfast. Otherwise, all meals are the responsibility of students. No cafeteria at the training site.
LEVA subsidizes training for Government agencies and non-profit organizations that offer forensic video services to law enforcement. Private sector, for-profit companies must pay the unsubsidized fee.
$1000 (government, law enforcement, public safety, educational)
$2000 (corporate / private sector)
Unless otherwise arranged with LEVA, students accepted to attend must pay the course fee by July 3, 2020. Do not send the course fee with the application. Only when an applicant is offered a seat and confirms the invitation should payment be processed. Payment options are check, credit card (Visa,Mastercard and American Express only).
With the exception of war, government regulation, disaster, or strikes, no refunds once tuition received. In the event a student must cancel, a credit will be given to apply the amount to a future LEVA class. Credit from class cannot be applied for the annual conference registration.
Fill in the on-line registration by June 26, 2020
You will be notified via e-mail that your application was received and its status of acceptance.
Graduates of the course receive a LEVA certificate indicating successful completion of the 40-hour curriculum. That certificate should NOT be interpreted as a certification of any type. Registering for any LEVA class indicates they fully understand they are not receiving any certification from any one LEVA course and must refer to this training as LEVA’s on their resume, CV or any discoverable document. This class is not conducted to officially endorse any product or service.
For additional information regarding this course, contact Mr. Jan Garvin, LEVA Executive Director, at (540) 842-1742 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org